Thursday 25 January 2007

safetyadviser.co.uk enters the blog world

My name is Kevin Jones of safetyadviser.co.uk. I am a safety and environmental practitioner. I love my job because I help prevent serious accidents. This done through sensible risk management and not risk avoidance as I understand that the job still needs to be done.

I am also a tree hugger! I help businesses with environmental needs from waste reduction to energy efficiency... If you want expert safety and environmental advice at an affordable price contact me.”

My goal for 2007 is to promote simple and cost effective Health and Safety. That is why this year I am promoting the

“Health and Safety Starter Pack”

The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) have introduced a “starter pack”, which provides a comprehensive introduction to health and safety for new and small business. It is priced at £35 and can be purchased online (
http://www.hse.gov.uk/flist/index.htm).

With this in mind safetyadviser.co.uk will be producing a newsletter each month detailing examples of safety documents with the intention of providing, for free, a set of working safety arrangements by December 06. If followed, each newsletter will provide a step by step approach to safety. Each “next step” will add a little more to the safety arrangements; for example February’s newsletter will explain what is required in a Health and Safety Policy, June will provide working examples of risk assessments etc… By December you will have a simple and functional Health and Safety system. Would you be interested in receiving my newsletter with the details?

Now if you cannot wait twelve months, or if you haven’t got the time or resources, I can provide you with Safety and Environmental Arrangements that would be tailored to your company.

Accidents at work can cost your organisation money and can ruin the lives of your employees. Preventing them need not cost the earth...

Kevin Jones

No comments: