Thursday 10 May 2007

e-mail anniversary

One e-mail, 70 recipients, +600,000 problems... Yes last year I sent out an e-mail that made local history. I was known for a short time as a serial spammer. All I did was send out one e-mail that ended up repeating every half minute. Recipients were logging on first thing in the morning and downloading over 600 messages just from me!! I was not a popular person!!

E-mail details:

"Good afternoon everyone, what a wonderful day!!

Please find attached my top ten tips for improving Health and Safety culture as supplied to the Northamptonshire Chamber.

Kind Regards
Kevin Jones BSc (Hons) Tech IOSH AIEMA"


BE WARNED DO NOT USE MS OUTLOOK WHEN SENDING MESSAGES TO BIG CONTACT LISTS!!

I can laugh now but at the time....

www.safetyadviser.co.uk

No comments: